World Mooching

Old old old old blog. New one here. www.dansiron.co.uk

Saturday, September 16, 2006



Richard bringing a white tip over to see us. White tips grow to about 1.5 metres but we watched a video of work he is doing with tiger sharks over 3 metres long. There was one over 4.5 metres! The man is a fruitloop if you ask me!



"It's no use looking at me like that...you are going to school young man!"


A grey reef shark in the foreground and Richard tailroping a white tip in the back ground. The sharks suffer no harm at all and relax once they know they are caught.


Two grey reef sharks, about 2 metres long and about 2 metres from my face. Awesome.


Imagine looking up and seeing that above you! Grey reef.


As you can see, the grey reefs were shy and often looked away from the camera. If you listened carefully, you could hear them giggling.


A white tip reef shark hanging out with his mates.


Elliette notices that I have a bogey haning from my nose and investigates.


The unicorn fish. One of my favourites due to its ability to look stupid at any given moment.


My dive buddy, Elliette. I say dive buddy but between her wish to sunbathe and my reluctance to get into a cold wet suit 4 times a day, we often had to find other dive buddies!


In a cave at about 20m. It is astonishing that even underwater, I can look moronic when a camera hits me. Taken by Elliette.


Some of the dive boats don't look after the reef and leave items under water so that they can find interesting things the next time that they return to the sites. Jaap, the engineer on Undersea Explorer, left this little zoo as a pointed reminder that it is wrong to leave artificial items on the reef. Bit of a mickey take but with a serious message to the other dive boats. Still.... Nice zoo Jaap!


I can't remember what this box fish is properly called but I always liked the look of them!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

some nice pics there danny boy ...

3:49 PM  
Blogger International Man of Apathy said...

Come on!!!!


you have to give me SOME clues rather than just saying "Danny boy".



But my first guess is Hamish.

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home