World Mooching

Old old old old blog. New one here. www.dansiron.co.uk

Sunday, June 24, 2007










24th June 2007

I have just got back from a fab weekend on the west coast, near to Piha. The place is called Karikare...I think I have the spelling correct and could be certain if I had the intelligence to do a quick Google check on it.

Staying in a bach (Pronounced batch) for not much money, I got to see the New Zealand bush at closer quarters. And what a fine bush it is. I really like going to bach's and think it is a fab idea. It is basically a holiday home but they are just so cool! I went with Penny again before she zooms off round the World on a festival tour for 4 months in Canada, US and Mexico. Ahhh the life of an international comedy and poetry superstar eh?

So...I can heartily recommend Piha and Karikare. But the main issue with this post is........what do people do to pass the time when travelling and staying in random places? I know that I have been listening to the Ricky Gervais podcasts and my music on my travels, but I was thinking about what I do when others are with me. For instance.....I have played the name game...(AKA Superstar) with my sister, Scott and many others.

I have decided to give you all some of my favourite ideas about what you can play in a variety of situations with a variety of attendees.

1) Name game/Superstar.

Think of a celebrity. Use the first letter of their surname to start the first name of the next. No repetition. Honesty prevails in two player games and at least 2 people must have heard of the celeb in larger games.
e.g. Russell Crowe.......Colin Farrell......Felicity Kendall etc etc. If the name has the same letters...e.g. William Wallace the direction of the game reverses in larger games and kudos added in 2 player games, as it does with comedy names.....e.g.Rod Hull.....Kenny Lynch etc.

2)What did I have for my dinner?
Professional nod to Kev Caulfield for this one. Belch into your hand and place your cupped hand over the nose of the other players. The player nearest to the actual identification of your lunch wins a point.

3)What am I scratching?
Players take turns to delicately scratch a part of their body while the other contestants try to guess the scratch location. Best played in a darkened room.

4)Where is my toe?
Similar to Where am I scratching but involves inserting a toe into a body part of the other player. Best played head to head only, in a darkened room. Best practice suggests that this is not played with strangers or on public transport.

5) What animal am I kicking?
Each player imitates the sound that a specific animal would make if you were to kick it. The person nearest to the genus of the correct animal wins for one point and performs the next imitation.

Please feel free to add more suggestions to the list and I may..just may publish this as a book.


Dan



Add to Technorati Favorites

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little disturbed that no one has commented on the last post you made. Obviously people are accustomed to this type of behaviour from you Dan, and do not think it's strange that you are lying in bed with a blow up resuscitation doll. (especially while that doll is smoking!!) Em ;-)

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi everybody


Just saying hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - I am definitely delighted to find this. Good job!

2:07 AM  
Blogger International Man of Apathy said...

Glad you liked it...try here for more recent stuff.


www.danno375.wordpress.com

Dan

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post, thank you. I signed up to your blog RSS.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home