World Mooching

Old old old old blog. New one here. www.dansiron.co.uk

Thursday, February 22, 2007

23rd February 2007

Interesting night!


Went to be an extra on a Budweiser Commercial being shot in Hearne Bay last night. The agency first contacted me to tell me to be there at 7:30pm. Then sent a message to say it might go on a bit late, perhaps into the wee small hours. Oh well, it will save me money by not drinking. So I got there in time for hair and make up, (yes I know...gaywise, GAYWISE! Once again, those that know me will be aware of my aversion to make up and stickers! No stickers here thank god and the make up hid the mozzie bites on my noggin!) Sat around for ages. Surrounded by models in skimpy clothes on a balmy night, it all sounds good, no? Some of the female models were wearing skimpy clothes too! Damn that make up is turning me fruity!

So, surrounded by the young and the beautiful, I was feeling out of place somewhat! Then came the news. The "wee small hours" was going to be 8am! How crap? There were people who had been on the shoot the previous night too and they only finished at 3 or 4am, then went to their proper day jobs and were here again. None of the agents ha said that it would be until 8am!

What made it worse was that the house we were filming in was stunning and really cool, but the holding area for the plebby extras was on the fornt drive! I nearly told them to poke it, but it wasn't the production teams fault as far as I knew. The agents (who work FOR US let me remind you) should have had this info before we agreed to do it. It seemed that all of the agents had pulled this same fast one so maybe it was the production team! Anyway, I filmed for approximately 1 hour at about 11:30 and then wasn't involved. So I get paid for all of the time until finish (7am as it turned out) but spent my time sat on the concrete driveway as it was more comfy than the crappy fold out chairs they provided.

So I am very tired and about to tell the agncy that they are scum bags and that they should ram their agency up their rectums. I thought about it at one point and summed it up nicely.

I probably wasn't earning enough from the shoot to pay for the hotel that I wasn't sleeping in. Eat your heart out Ricky Gervais.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know rugby isn't your first love, but may I point out the humiliating 43-13 that Ireland delivered to England! That will make history, my friend!
x

2:09 PM  
Blogger International Man of Apathy said...

You are right.....Rugby isn't my first love....lets concentrate on Evertons 3-0 win over Watford, eh?

By the way...are you French?

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... I may be... ;)
Footie is for the weak!

2:38 PM  
Blogger International Man of Apathy said...

I remember the famous phrase....



Football is a game for gentlemen, played by thugs. Rugby is a game for thugs, played by cauliflower earred, macho grunters who repress their true feelings and take what they can get with groping hands in a scrum.


Something like that

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say 30 strong men wearing little shorts and wrestling in the mud! They can grope whatever they want! Fine by me!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home